Down to the wire.

Yesterday I turned 29. It was a nice and relaxing day. Kent woke me up with ice cream in bed (the way to a pregnant woman's heart) and then made me breakfast. I later laid around in my garments and ate ice cream again at least 4 times while Kent was at work. I'm tellin' ya ... I have to soak this up while I still can. Eventually I got dressed and cleaned the house before we went to dinner at India Palace. I was hoping spicy curry would get things moving along since I've been having regular/painful contractions the last few nights, but alas, all I got was heart burn. We are running seriously low on tums around this joint -- it's a good thing that we've only got 3 days left.

I'm having anxiety attacks and emotional meltdowns at least once a day and my OCD is out of control. (I don't talk much about my OCD because it can be pretty destructive sometimes, so I'm hoping that it calms down within the next few weeks when my hormones start to level themselves out -- or even better, maybe I will be so busy with a baby that I won't have time for it.) The fear of the unknown is really getting to me. I know that things will change when I see my sweet baby boy -- for now, I'm a wreck. (I like to stay positive around here, but for my own sake, I wanted to document the not so pretty moments as well.) Kent, as usual, is so good about calming me down and making sure that things are happy even when he's stressed.

We are still so excited and anxious/nervous about Wednesday. I'm mostly anxious and nervous about the surgery (although, the surgical tech inside of me wants to watch the procedure -- Kent tells me it is absolutely not an option to watch my own surgery). We met with the doctor that will be performing the surgery and she seems great; very friendly and outgoing. She says Noah is breech again (the kid likes to do flips in the middle of the night) and that he's "big". The last 2 doctors I've seen mentioned that he was big, so I'm interested to see what their idea of this word is.

I'm sure the next time I post we will officially be parents, so stay tuned for photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment